Discussion » General » Competitive edge! The players preference.

• CDT | P-Mac
    CDT | P-Mac wrote:
    Want to feel like a pro gamer without all the hassle of amphetamine addiction and pressures of professional tournaments? I know I have and one medium for that pro gaming feel I have found is through high end gaming hardware. 

This "pro gear" comes in all forms and facets, many different colors and the range of functionality is highly personable.

In my opinion the biggest bang for your buck would be a nice mechanical keyboard and a decent gaming mouse. While keyboards are pretty much interchangeable, the mouse is a very personal matter. Personally, I like the ergonomics of the logitech G series and I currently use the G700s and a G500 at work. I am also partial to old school Microsoft trackballs for first person shooters.

While keyboards are fairly interchangeable, the deeper into their function and form you get, they can be just as personable as a mouse. At the moment I own 7 gaming keyboards but I am using the Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB. This keyboard looks fairly simple when you take it out of the box, but it combines the beautiful tactile response of a mechanical keyboard with a brilliant 16.8 million color display that also allows you to control custom animations via the Panasonic LED display controller. I also own the G710+ which is a wonderful mechanical gaming keyboard with amazing macro functions and a beautiful design.

Over the next few weeks, I will be comparing different styles of hardware and outlining their pros and cons to help you guys find that perfect competitive edge. 

• MGMT
    MGMT wrote:
    nice idea man, looking forward to the reviews ;D

Please login to post a reply to this thread.