Discussion » Other Games » Minecraft

• RikusLategan
    RikusLategan wrote:
    It took me ages to find a pure vanilla survivor server.

There are there sooooo many Faction/Towny/Plugin servers in South Africa.  The few of those that are vanilla survival has either (free) teleportation, area protection, or some other feature that takes away from the realism.

(Just to be clear, I do not dislike the area protection feature because I like to grief.  I respect other people's property.  But somehow it makes the game a bit more exciting if I know that when I build close to spawn there exists a slight chance that I might lose everything.  It is also nice to log in and find my house still standing, because then I know the other players did not find it entirely hideous ;D

So I am very glad to have found the CDT server (although, like I say, it wasn't easy).

PS: May we please have a Minecraft category on the forum to post pics and stuff?  If not, I guess we can just use this thread or the fb page.
  • RikusLategan
    RikusLategan wrote:
    That came out wrong.  What I meant to say was I do NOT grief.  And the reason why I dislike area protection is not because I want to grief but because of the realism it adds to the game. ><  It is the game's survival elements that appeal to me most.  Otherwise I might as well be playing creative mode.  XD
  • Wabbachlen
    Wabbachlen wrote:
    I also like pure vanilla hardcore servers! Mods are nice but area protection and teleportation are bad.
    There is no better feeling of raiding somebody's home or making your home hidden so that nobody can grief you. Grief is part of the game it's just that kids cant take it when somebody takes their items :D

I would suggest adding factions or costume game mods...

It would be nice to organize something like XvX tournament where both teams build their own castle and then battle each other in various mods like capture the flag or simply destroying enemies castle...

• CaesarRex
    CaesarRex wrote:
    Just a note - we trying to avoid mods just like that... Keep it simple with basic rules.

I personally do not enjoy the griefing but that doesn't mean I am not going to come into your house and check it out and take a little coal (I'm always running out of that shit)

I will take it under advisement for the forum section for pics, if the demand is there then definitely.
  • Wabbachlen
    Wabbachlen wrote:
    Haha Rex you made me laugh my ass of now > " I personally do not enjoy the griefing but that doesn't mean I am not going to come into your house and check it out and take a little coal"
  • kris
    kris wrote:
    he takes more than coal :D
  • MGMT
    MGMT wrote:
    he takes whatever the fuck he likes, Caesar rex does mine for his own stuff!!!

always relying on handouts ;)
  • MGMT
    MGMT wrote:
    Doesn't*
  • InsaneHobo
    InsaneHobo wrote:
    He takes what he wants, he takes what he wants!
    Caeser Rex, he takes what he wants!
  • CaesarRex
    CaesarRex wrote:
    true story bro
  • ApatheticSchiziod
    Well if people are still playing minecraft, Im hosting an FTB server right now for me and a friend. Were using the mindcrack modpack since its pretty basic and hes new to FTB. So if a few people want to join ill hand them the IP. I live in Canada so expect a ping relative to that.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.