Discussion » Dota 2 » CDTIHL

• Wabbachlen
    Wabbachlen wrote:
    So, would you like to see a cdt in-house league? I am kind of working on it in my free time...
  • MGMT
    MGMT wrote:
    Yeah that would be cool, interested to know how this would work though. we would have to split into teams? or would you have a way of scoring individuals?
  • Wabbachlen
    Wabbachlen wrote:
    I am already working on a program that matches people according to their rating. so lets me try to explain the concept... Everyone starts on 1000 rating for example, and if you win you get lets say 50 rating and vice versa. But that's just rough numbers and i dont wont it to be that, there will be a system that grants points based on how you did in game.

So that means that when i finish the program whoever wants to play will just download it and link the website account with it, then when there is 10 players rdy to play the game starts and program makes balanced teams and according to program you join lobby with those same teams. 

Since there is no way for my program to automatically download data of match without use of steam api which i dont have any idea how to use the results would be entered manually and the program will then update the rating for all players and ladder(leaderboard) or whatever.

This is all just a concept but a simple program like that is ez to make... If you have any more questions just ask and ill write another wall of text
  • Wabbachlen
    Wabbachlen wrote:
    And yeah i have an idea how to actually give points according to how someone played in game, so feeders would get more -points and those who did well will get more +points etc
  • MGMT
    MGMT wrote:
    That sounds like a great idea. You could also give like +10 if the team wins for example, as well as individual stats. But also that would be a better was to balance the teams (after a few rounds, etc) as i swear when you balanced shuffle - it's not actually balanced! 

So yeah, I look forward to your program !
  • InsaneHobo
    InsaneHobo wrote:

Basically this
  • InsaneHobo
    InsaneHobo wrote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGz4-ku-pgY
  • Wabbachlen
    Wabbachlen wrote:
    I've seen Dotacinema Arena today for first time lol :D But anyway MGMT the program would balance the players according to their rating which is somehow proportional to their win/loss ration but also affected by how well the actually played in the games the won/lost.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.